We are in Xi'an


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are in Xi'an. This is the heart of Chinese history. It was the first capital of a unified China under Emperor Chin, first Emperor, and we go today to see his tomb and the famous Terracotta Warriors. For those who know me well, you know I am now in my element seeing 2000 year old history. Today after we arrived we visited the Wild Goose Pagoda, built in the 7th century and still used as an active Buddist temple with 300 monks. Then we walked the city wall, built during the Tang dynasty in the 7th century also. Afterwards, we had a Tang Dynasty Dancing dinner show, with dinner consisting of various types of noodles. There's more to say of Xi'an but I'm running short on time now and will have to save till tonight and let Ernest's pictures tell the story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



4th November 2008

IPOD
Hey! If Earnest can get an IPOD for that, tell him I will gladly pay him back also! Talk about a deal! Looks like you are having a blast with all that ancient stuff...right down your alley!
4th November 2008

How exciting...wish I was there. Pictures are great...tell Ernest to let you take a picture of him. Would love to see how much he is enjoying the trip.
4th November 2008

While you're over there
Ernest: take some pictures of some buses while your're there. I havent seen one yet. Indulge him, Melinda, please!!!
4th November 2008

Great pics!
Nice pictures Ernest! Melinda, keep the reviews coming! I think they're great. Be good and be safe!

Tot: 0.439s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb