Woah, white faces that aren’t from ASU!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Playing DicePlaying DicePlaying Dice

Playing this dice game that made me drink...a lot! I wasn't very good.
This morning we woke up and went straight to the airport winding back and forth within the mountains which didn’t make for quality nap time. We got back to Chengdu and we washed up and met up with a bunch of kids from the University of Washington who are over here studying for a year. We got to talk to them about their experiences and then they took us out for dinner at this specialty restaurant that you could only find in Chengdu. Although the food was very spicy I enjoyed it…my mouth was numb by the end of the meal.

I did learn something though…even thought the students have been here for 9 months, they are not fluent with the Chinese language and still only know the basics. They were saying that Chinese is not a language you could just learn like you do with Spanish or French; it is very difficult. I didn’t realize how much work was involved!

After dinner, we all went back to the hotel to change and then met up with some of the students and went to the bar district to kick back. Many of us were sick of the club scene since we’ve been going so much that it was nice to just hang out at the bar and play dice and drink. That didn’t last very long; drunk college kids don’t stay still. We then walked down the street and once again ended up at a club dancing! We almost immediately got kicked out because we didn’t buy any drinks…but don’t blame us! They charge one price to the locals and a higher price to the foreigners. We’ve gotten our pre-gaming down to an art at this point.

After a bit of dancing, I came back with some people since we need to be up early tomorrow morning. I know this one is short but there really isn’t much to say about spending the day sleeping and flying. haha, night!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb