Why shopping can seriously stuff you up


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
May 1st 2005
Published: June 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

As always, we sample the local cuisineAs always, we sample the local cuisineAs always, we sample the local cuisine

This was cool little eatery which was spectacularly clean, cheap and tasty. Unfortunately everything was in chinese, so we just had to point and pray. Worked out okay in the end.
Only one word to describe what we did today. Shopping!! Melenie could no longer resist the temptations of the cheap cheap clothes out here, so off she was spending like a mad woman. I must hand it to her though - she was quite controlled and only walked away with 3 items. But that was after many hours of trying lots of outfits.

The worst part is when we went to pay, we discovered that our credit card wouldn't work in the shop's machine. We only had a little bit of cash, so we had to give almost all our cash to them to pay for it. Then we had to run like mad people to find an ATM because we had to catch our plane in less than 2 hours and it was an hour trip to the airport.

We thankfully got a taxi driver that was nice and decided to speed a bit to get us to the airport on time. However, while we were on the freeway, he suddenly slowed down. The car then started sputtering and jumping and thats when I thought - 'Oh no, of all the taxis we picked the stupidest taxi that can't handle going at 100kms/hr for more than 5 minutes'. The car actually finally stopped and we started to panic, but thankfully it started again and everything was alright. We arrived at the airport 35 minutes before the plane left and just 5 minutes before check-in was supposed to close.

To top it all off, we were then told by the airport people that the plane had been delayed for 3 hours!! Great, all that stress for no reason.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb