Huayao Yi Jilong


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
February 24th 2015
Published: February 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Somewhere in the northern hill area of Shiping live a subgroup of unique Yi tribe known as the Huayao Yi. colourful costume with multi stitching pattern and many silver buttons and studs. On the first horse day after Lunar newyear the Hauyao Yi will celebrate their Jilong, to paid respect to their spiritual ancester that protect them all along. each village has their similar ritual, only some celebrate in a big way and some do it quietly. it could last from 1 to 5 days depended on the manpower that participated. and every 12 years(last year) a big celebration with joint forces from every village to created a sensational event!

Well I caught some action this year in 2 different village, the Moshan village offered dragon dance and high stilt walk for entertainments. while Longhei village offered Qilin dance, lion dance, martial art and clown play. of course...after they paid respect to the Dragon Tree and offered a pig to their ancester.

Although most performance are rather amateur but the many beautiful woman are the best compensation. I like this kind of village-base celebration, no government big shot came to made rubbish speeches. not too many photographers, atmosphere more relaxing and local more smile and more friendly!


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th February 2015
kid

Festivals
Fantastic that you were able to attend part of this festival. What an experience.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb