Bureaucracy Bites!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Lijiang
April 24th 2006
Published: April 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Round the Corner in LijiangRound the Corner in LijiangRound the Corner in Lijiang

Lijiang is MADE for tourism, it's just so cute!
Lijiang is a lovely little town, though overrun by Chinese package tourists which makes it a little frustrating at times. With cobbled paths, old Naxi buildings and goldfish filled rivers that run the length of the streets it is rather quaint and looks like something out of a movie when all the lanterns are lit up red and gold at night.

We're staying in a traditional Naxi house, which is set around a courtyard where the family spend their days, and where we dine with them at night (the grandmother is a wicked cook). From our room on the second floor we can see across the rooves of the old town and to the mountains beyond.

Today we've just been wandering around the old town, taking in the 'sights' and trying to avoid being stepped on by millions of Chinese men in matching hats. We managed to sort out our finances for the trip but failed to get our visas extended (grrrrr).

And so with this in mind we'll head off to Zhongdian tomorrow. Fingers crossed we have better luck there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb