Journey to Xizhou, Dali and Lyndon Center


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
May 4th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was hard to leave Lijiang because it was unlike anything we had ever seen. We were reminded of other places we had all seen around the world but this place was truly unique. We had to say goodbye around 10 and catch a bus to the next town. Uncle Leslie and I developed a strategy to tell all the ladies the bus leaves 30 minutes early to make sure we made it on time. So we did not missed the bus but was very early. We took the luxury bus that lasted 3 hours and it drove all around, up and down and through mountains. So the view was very nice. That showed a kungfu movie on the t.v. in the bus. There was a man in front of us that tried to sheesh us but we just spoke a little louder because no one told us it was a no talking which it wasn't. At first everybody thought the bus was going to be empty so they spread out start disinfecting their area and Uncle Leslie strecth out his legs like he was the king of the bus or the captain of the ship. Soon enough the bus stop at 2 more stations in town that forced everybody to move to their assign seats and everybody face looke like rain had fell on their parade.

The town we came to was Xizhou which is outside of an Ancient town call Dali. The bus stop we got off at was on the side of the road and we had to catch motorcycles to our hotel. It's been fun watching the brother, sisters, and cousin travel together. Uncle Leslie has given them nicknames and they go to one comedy routine to the next. We can not stop laughing. Getting onto the motorcycles took about 20 minutes and we made it to our next hotel named the Lyndon Center. It is rated as the #1 hotel in China because it is built inside of a local village, no other hotels in the village. They restored an old merchants house and employ the local people. It is literally located inside of a farm land that is growing garlic and beans. We see the Ox plowing hundreds of people farming the harvest and the design of the place is amazing. We decided to all ride bicycles around the village to see the area. We went to a temple, rode around a lake, and as we rode sung songs to all of the villagers with our best voices. We visited a house to help women carry rice up to the storage shed and walk through the garlic fields. The night ended with one of the best dinners so far and a movie the the tv room they had. The family who owns the 14 room hotel lives there with their two boys who had a music recital on their guitar and piano. The local wines are amazing and we have really enjoyed being here today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb