Dawakol Desert


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Xinjiang » Kashgar
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



What a really great day. The youth hostel where we are staying organised for us to go off into the desert. This morning Allahjan came in his car and drove us to the Dawakol Desert which is in the far south west corner of the Talakaman Desert. It took about two and a half hours in the car but it flew by. We passed through some small Uygher settlements and Allajan had traditional Uygher music on the car stereo great fun. I never thought that a common language between me and another person would ever be Chinese!! We got by though and managed to understand each other.



Allahjan acted also as our guide and showed us where to go and even tried to negotiate discount for us on the camels and cars. The camel ride was really why we came. It was fairly comfortable, although how the people would ride camel caravans for days and days I'm not sure, apart from the camel standing up and sitting down which was a bit hair raising. We wandered off onto the edge of the desert where we got off the camels and had a walk across the dunes.



After the camels we went for a ride in some desert jeeps. They went very fast and going up and down and round and round the dunes was really amazing.



After our fun in the desert we had some noodles and kebabs before heading back to Kashgar.



We've really enjoyed ourselves today, we've been wanting to ride camels for ages. Big thanks must go to Moon, at the Kasgar Old Town Youth Hostel, for organising it all for us and to Alllahjan for helping us with everything today.



Enjoy the photos



Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb