3 famous hiking destinations of Tibet


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tibet » Lhasa
August 12th 2014
Published: August 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

1、Mount Qomolangma



At 8,844.43 meters, Mount Qomolangma, also known as Mount Everest, is the world's highest peak. It stands in the Himalayas on the border between Tibet and Nepal.



As the roof of the world, Mount Qomolangma draws millions of travelers and climbers to challenge themselves and enjoy the unique beauty. But because of the altitude, weather, wind and other difficulties, hiking or climbing requires special training and professional guides.



Travel tips:



Best time to visit: March to May or September and October



Admission: free



2、Gangrenboqi Mountain, Tibetan Autonomous Region



Gangrenboqi Mountain in the west of Tibet, is 6,638 meters high. Hindus, Tibetan Buddhists and followers of the ancient Tibetan Bon religion believe Gangrenboqi is the center of the world and the most sacred mountain. Every year, thousands of pilgrims from all over the world gather there to walk around the mountain and worship.



Besides the pilgrims, the mountain also attracts millions of ordinary tourists. Hiking in the area not only lets you experience the breathtaking scenery also the local customs and sacred culture. It takes three days to walk around the mountain. You may need a special permit to visit Tibet and you should certainly prepare suitable clothing for the plateau climate.



Travel tips:



Best time to visit: June to September



3、Daocheng County, Sichuan Province



Daocheng, a county in the southwest of Sichuan Province, is mainly inhabited by Tibetans. Broad valleys, lush pastures and imposing mountains make the county a fantastic place for visit and hike.



Surrounding by snow mountains and forests, Daocheng is considered the last unspoilt Shangri-La. The three-day hike from Daocheng to Yading takes you through some of the quietest and purest natural scenery on earth.



Travel tips:



Best time to visit: From spring to autumn, Daocheng has many different scenes; especially in October, it will present you a wonderful and colorful autumn.



Admission: free

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb