My heaven on earth


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan
June 11th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

There is a saying in Chinese goes, “九寨归来不看水”. Meaning having been to Jiuzhaigou, the rest of the natural water resources are worthless to see. According to what Allen has mentioned, the water in Jiuzhaigou is going to dry off, so come and see it as soon as possible.(I’m not sure about this, don’t count on it)

Right now I am sitting in front of one of the lakes in Jiuzhaigou, letting the vast natural creatures embrace me. Pedestrian walking by, but most of the time I am here by myself, listening to the sound of water scrubbing against the rocks. The sun fondly shines on the minerals-rich blue lake, and shields it with a layer of silver. The tree trunks and roots lay under the water, coated with calcium carbonate, showing unique shapes and colors. Located on an altitude of about 3000 meters, not a lot of animal species can survive, so you can imagine the ones which have such ability, live here happily. The fish and ducks enjoy the purity of water; butterflies roam around insouciantly, get tired, then rest on my hand. Birds are expressive by voices; you can hear their contentment anywhere in the park. Sometimes I can not believe, such heavenly place even exist on earth.

In southwest China, People highly admire the oceans, but due to the lack of ocean view here, they can only express their love on the lakes, and call them the seas. (海,hai in Chinese). The mother lake in Jiuzhaigou, the long lake (长海), located on top of the mountain, running underground to feed the rest of the smaller lakes. And these lakes coincidentally form a Y shape, known as the three main streams.(沟)

There are nine Tibetan villages distributed around the streams, known as Jiuzhai. The Tibetan people live with nature in harmony, including Shangri-la in Yunnan, Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan, and the native Tibetan under Himalayas, they are always surrounded by mountains, living closed to the sun. Prayer flags fly every time a breeze visits, symbolizing Tibetan people repeating the sutra again and again with their unshakable faith for Buddhism. We visited one of the village in Jiuzhaigou, the lotus village, this young Tibetan generation have educated nine years in Han schools, they friendly greet us “ Zaxidele (Meaning good luck and fortune in Tibetan) and speak Chinese quite well. Their traditional houses echo a strong Chinese influence, with 5 stars red flag on the wall.

However, I do expect to see a different reaction toward Han Chinese people like me in most areas of Tibet.

We are surprise and glad to see such a natural heritage can be kept so perfectly in China, consider the unawareness of environmental protection in general Chinese people’s minds. Thanks to the hundreds of cleaners in the park and the aid of government. Let its nature beauty continue to shine.

I imagine the red leafs in fall will add another color to the scenery of Jiuzhaigou, anyone coming here in autumn, don’t forget to share your photos. An advice for you, remember to bring anti-diarrhea pill. /smile.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

YaksYaks
Yaks

5 yuans for a photo!
A Tibetan houseA Tibetan house
A Tibetan house

With a chinese character "Fu" on it.


13th June 2006

wow
my god.. these pictures are beautiful!! you better not be forgetting about us over here in Canada while you're enjoying all the amazing places. hehe and yes, be careful of what you eat. I always get stomache everytime I go back to China.
14th June 2006

Beautiful.
Jiuzhaigou sounds utterly beautiful.

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb