Tibet is here


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Litang
March 24th 2006
Published: March 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

Litang is situated in an area that once was Tibet, before the Chinese tore it from Tibet and attached it to Sichuan province. They did the same in other provinces such as Yunan, Gansu and maybe more. So the majority of the people here is Tibetian.
Litang itself is a crazy place, it is the Wild West. Tibetian cowboys ride on their motorbikes (not Harli, just Honda) with their great customs. A coat made of yak wool is very common here. It seems that they do nothing, just hang out all day at the city center and chating with each other. Only the men, the women probably make the living.
The atmosphere here is very relaxed and the people are very friendly. The childern practice with 'hello' and 'bye bye' while I practice with the Tibetian paralels.
Here, in Tibet, I have seen a lot of the answer to the ultamative crossword definition: 'A Tibetian livestock'. The yaks are all over. The yak has the body and the face of a cow, but just have a lot of hair.
The Chinese did not demolish yet the whole city, like they do every where else, and a lot of the old city is remained.

Bye, Sharon


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



26th March 2006

You are so lucky
eize keff lach! It seems that you are eaching the end of the world! The photos ae beautifull (as usual). really enjoyed wathcing and reaing.
30th June 2006

actually not the end of the world
compared with some other places in Sichuan, Litang is much more prosperous

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 87; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb