Camping tales


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 12th 2017
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Camp was tiring and dirty but once again an AMAZING experience and, of course, I wouldn’t change a thing!!

Throughout the first two days we did plenty of orienteering that was definitely easier than I thought… but that was my impression of it on the first day. On the second day we dealt with a much bigger map, climbing up and down hills, wandering through cornfields and passing many locals- some close to freaking out when they saw us.

We were walking through this small village for about four hours but luckily the time passed rather quickly and I wasn’t actually very tired. The Chinese students also cooked some GREAT food for us all to eat. They were all so polite and always fed us before themselves.

There was one thing that disappointed me on this camp and that was all the rubbish scattered throughout such a beautiful place. So, of course, we spent a while picking up some rubbish and it definitely made a difference. Rain was also a slight problem for Bethany and me as we were sharing a tent and the inside started to get quite wet. So we moved the tent undercover as it
poured and poured. Everything got so muddy and we all slipped over about 50 times!!!

I think we also got to know some of the Chinese students a bit better after a game of Truth or Dare. It was hilarious – things like a dance battle between Che’la and ‘GelBoy’ and so on. It was great fun.

On the third day of camp, after exploring through a lovely, old, traditional Chinese village, we all had lunch in a nice restaurant. Lunch was delicious and I’m not kidding, there were probably twenty different dishes stacked on top of each other on each table. The food just kept coming and coming and coming. I was definitely very grateful for all the food but also felt bad that there was so much left that was going to waste.

I’m still having the time of my life and can’t wait to get to know the Chinese students even more. It’s really sad to think we may never see some of them again after we leave China, or after they leave Australia. I guess we really have to enjoy the time we have with them while we have it.

Faith


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement




Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb