A Sunny Day in Chengdu & Dandan Noodles


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
November 23rd 2011
Published: November 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

A sunny day and dandan noodles, good friends! What could be better. After a number of days of cloudy skies finally we have a beautiful sunny sky. Breakfast was the usual tsampa and yogurt and lunch was a delicious, hot, steamy bowl of dandan noodles. There is nothing like it. It is addictive - probably because of the Sichuan peppers and chili.

Today is another work day, mostly preparing for the Thursday lecture on Tibetan painting styles. There were about 100 people last night with some sitting in the outside hallway. The seminar room can't handle more than 100.

I managed to figure out how to turn off auto correct on the Ipad. It was driving me crazy. I think it was invented for simpletons that can't spell even the most basic English words. I'm tired of having to change 'Bon' back from Bob to Bon. I don't know anyone that belongs to the Bob religion. Actually that may not be completely true. Bob is only one example of dozens of words - maybe hundreds - that the ipad has trouble with. Even the idea of auto correct is less a utility and more a system of prognostication. I reject their prognostication magic and submit my own. How auto correct works is an example of how technology has gone wrong. It is a good idea but how it is approched by programmers is flawed.

I still haven't figured out how to upload images to the travel blog using an ipad. However, I have learned how to do great mindmaps with Ithoughts HD and e-mail them anywhere or turn them into image files. It is an extremely useful thing.

So far the ipad has been consistent with only one instance of it completely stopping, shutting down, and after a half hour or so re-booted itself. I don't know what it was doing! Probably talking to the Apple Mothership. Admit it, we don't completely trust these technology companies and their financial motivations.

Anyway, back to work. I have an outline to proof and begin to make the selection of images for tomorrow nights lecture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1906s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb