travel around 3 ancient towns


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
February 14th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pingle Ancient Town——noisy place

Pingle Ancient Town is about 90 Km west of Chengdu and about 20 Km away from Qionglai City where you need to transfer from Chengdu to Pingle.The town was formed as early as West Han Dynasty (150 B.C.). Pingle was an important town o­n the ancient South Sichuan Road and South Silk Road.


Wangyu ancient town——old place

Bordering the Mt. Wawu Scenic Area, Wangyu ancient town is situated at the southern tip of Yucheng District.Along the former Southern Silk Road, it is a strategic post station between Linqiong Ancient Trail and Chengdu City.


Shangli ancient town——gentle place

Old Town of Shangli is called an “ink and Wash Landscape” painting. Situated in the Western Sichuan Basin, the town was once the important post on the Silk Road of the South and the Ancient Tea-Horse Trail in history. Nestling among the hills, the town has a dense growth of evergreen trees. Two streams with distinctive scenery on the banks flow gently around the town. The slab-paved streets are flanked with various styles of residential houses and courtyards in a layout of the Chinese character "well", which remain intact. The ancient bridges, ancient pagodas, ancient trees and ancient memorial archways are distributed in or near the town, contrasting finely with each other. The perfect combination of history, culture and tradition with natural beauty makes the town all of mystery and vitality.


I like Shangli ancient best,it makes me feel quite,comfortable,do you see my bedroom that made of wood.it's so wonderful~~

a glass of beer,or a cup of tea, and a chair,that you can speed the whole afternoon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb