End of the mission


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 7th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There are still many after shocks, day and night. Today we had one about 5.0 which was very loud and violent. I heard noise from the house structure being under stress despite having the TV running. Luckily it was only very brief, around two seconds and we were just at the stage of staring at each with fear in our eyes, thinking whether we should be running out of the house or not before it stopped. Recent after shocks have been well reported on the TV with advance warnings.

The temporary houses near us are making great progress, the announcement is that from 15 June the disaster victims will be moved in, some 3000 families.

My charity mission for the earthquake victims is coming to an end, the last 4000yuan (AUD$600) was given to the local town leaders, they will provide 1000yuan (AUD$150) each to the four most affected families. I will summarise the total received and spent after I get back to Australia on 10 June, for now I will just relax at our country house and enjoy my holiday with my parents.

Lastly, I would just like to say thanks to many who have donated generously, the total figures surpassed Aud$4000 it certainly made a big difference to many unfortunate people who are at the centre of this disaster, giving the hope to restart their life with help from many kind people around the world.

Bob

Thanks to friends and family who have donated generously,

Total fund received: 27542yuan or Aud$4173
Amount spent so far:
24650 yuan

Balance: 2892 Yuan
This balance will be spent this way:
1000yuan to the widow per request of the donor.
1892yuan to red cross volunteer at the airport.









Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

AvalancheAvalanche
Avalanche

the mountain used to be coverred in thick forest.
Avalanche Avalanche
Avalanche

A small one nesr the road
Nine Dragon VallyNine Dragon Vally
Nine Dragon Vally

Good bye, it will not be open for many years as the whole mountain is lose and subject to avalanches.
Dad and mumDad and mum
Dad and mum

Photo taken at the roof of the country house, you can notice the mountain in the background have brawn stripes, it was completely covered and green before. The strip is the avalanches result of the earth quake.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb