CHINA: Ten New Songs...Party in Pingyao


Advertisement
Asia » China » Shanxi » Pingyao
January 23rd 2013
Published: January 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

CHINA: Ten New Songs...Party in Pingyao. Escaping the winter pollution of Datong by taxi...hoping the coal smoke would not chase us South...hope our hotel will take us a day earlier...the longest taxi ride of our lives...383 kms...4 hours one way...8 hours return for the driver...price to us well worth it. Ren Cheng has a co-driver...race down the expressway...only stopping to photograph Yamen P... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 105, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




23rd January 2013

I had already scheduled a stop in Pinyao...
before I read this. Your blog only confirms what I heard about this city that led to my decision. Will and I will be there in two months. Thanks for sharing this story and the pictures. I hope we meet some nice people too.
23rd January 2013

HI BOB
Lucky you...Pingyao in 2 months...but no icy alleys then. Looking forward to hearing how it is when you visit.
23rd January 2013
THE FLOCK

This is the gravy.
love it!
23rd January 2013
THE FLOCK

MEATING JASON
About to start my blogs of my time with the Aspiring Ones...but had to finish Shanxi Provence first. I love that pic too...herding sheep next to that section of the wall where the bricks had been pilferred for local housing...me looking for some local water for our party...great memories.
23rd January 2013

Heading to China next.
Will be up that way in a couple of weeks. It looks a tad on the fresh side.
23rd January 2013

THANKS PENNY & GARY
Hope you enjoy China as much as I do. Just about to start my blogs of my recent 5th trip there. Have a blast.
23rd January 2013

You are now officially a 'party animal' David!!!
Ten bottles of beer and I'm done, let alone the rest of it. I'm getting too old and worn out for all this partying...... I'll have to get Quynh's brother to buy one of those millet mattresses. Anything is better than sleeping on a hard floor!!!
23rd January 2013

SORRY NICK
We let you sleep on the floor while we enjoyed the Little Siagon. As I recall in the beer drinking department you left me for dead...sorry your memory is so affected. Think I'll rectify that when I blog our recent adventures together...in the words of the Cockle "I'm innocent"...sure, sure!!!
23rd January 2013

260 year vase eh...
Nice gift, perhaps I should go there when I get 40, maybe I can also find someone to let go of his 200 year old vase :)
23rd January 2013

YOU WANT MY QING VASE RALF?
Certainly a surprise gift that was. Try the CD...and travel to Pingyao with me. Better still...check out the World Music Forum...and be transported everywhere!
23rd January 2013

Magic!
Long-lasting friends, Leonard Cohen, beauty all around, a performing wife and an incredible anniversary gift--sounds as if Pingyao loved you as much as you loved it. Just shows what being open can bring!
24th January 2013

HI TARA
Life can be good...can be fantastic when magic happens. Hope life continues to be good/fantastic to you.
24th January 2013

It really is an accurate reflection of your wonderful personalities that you have such long-lasting friendships based on brief encounters around the world!
24th January 2013

THANKS MICHELLE
What a generous comment. Thank you. The locale and circumstances had a lot to do with it. It also shows how easy it is to get on with other travellers...but it does need friendliness from both sides.
8th February 2013

Got to get there
Hi Dave, Finally finding the time (and internet) to catch up with your blogs. China to us has always been a bit too difficult and unknown, but each blog we read you are making it clearer and yet more mysterious at the same time. It was always on our list of places to go but very low. Now you are pushing it up to number one. Your stories and photos are incredible...we cannot wait to get there.
11th February 2013

Got to get Shelley & Scott there
Glad to hear you enjoy my China. Got some magic places coming up to share...enjoy the ride.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb