Pingyao (5/8/09-7/8/09)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanxi » Pingyao
August 5th 2009
Published: August 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so me and Jon are pretty rubbish at keeping blogs so have decided to just go city by city rather than full day by day accounts as we just cant keep up, so this is what we did for the rest of our time in Pingyao,-

Hired bikes and cycled to Shuanglin temple, its 7km from Pingyao. Its a really lovely buddhist temple thats 500 years old. The detail of everything was amazing, i would have loved to have seen it when it was first built and all the colours were still visable. Had our packed lunch then cycled back. it was really hot and it made me feel quite ill so spent the afternoon reading in the courtyard. Later that evening we bought our tickets to our next destination Xi'an and we had a sleeper train yesssssssssss!. Had dinner which for me was gloopy soup and for jon meat then had a massive beer for 50p then bed.
That night we had the loudest snorer in our room EVER. it was earth shattering and just endless. Honestly ive heard jon snore at his very loudest but he has nothing on this guy. i thought he was going to make the room cave in. Didnt do much in the day but in the evening we got talking to our roomate (not snory mcsnorson) C.K who is working as an English teacher and he offered to take us out for dinner in a restaurant outside the city walls. We had our own private room and let CK take care of ordering our food. CK didnt dissapoint. We had the same mongolian style dish that we had in Beijing but this time it was so delicious. there was so much food although im pretty sure we ate a lot of animal insides. But it doesnt matter it still tasted delicious or mei wei in chinese!!! A huge meal and drinks set us back £3 each. Had a few beers and games at the hostel then bed again!!!
in the morning walked round the east part of the which wasnt much to see and played some cards outside of the south gate a crowd soon gathered and we ended up playing a wierd chinese card game that made no sense to us. Then jon got scared by all the people so we had to leave before a mob formed. Arrived at the train station nice and early to avoid a repeat of last time, the train was basically filled with travellers and i slept in the wrong bunk so got moved half way through the night. but all in all not bad.

Overall Pingyao was pretty good, not much to see but is a nice little stop over from the way to Xi'an

oh and we will soon be adding pictures to Facebook if you wanted to see them as well

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb