Sad to say we head for home tomorrow


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 14th 2014
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.2257, 121.476

We have had an absolutely amazing trip and we are sad to see it coming to an end. Today we headed out to do a bit more exploring before we have to climb aboard our flight back to the real world tomorrow.
We decided to spend the morning at the Shanghai Museum. The modern building was designed in the shape of a traditional cooking vessel. The exhibits featured such subjects as furniture from the Ming and Qing Dynasty's, paintings, ceramics and jade. All exhibits were beautifully presented. The museum was pretty busy so we decided to have a quiet lunch back in our hotel room.
This morning before heading to the museum we walked through a park where they were setting up for an outdoor jazz performance. One of the band members came down and chatted with us for a few minutes. We found out the concert was at 4:30 pm. At 4:30 we headed back to the park to enjoy the concert. When we arrived we discovered you needed a ticket to attend. There were no booths selling tickets, though one hawker tried to sell us one. We said no as there was no english on the card to know what the real price would have been. We decided to just sit on a bench outside the concert area and listen from there. We had only been sitting for a few minutes when a woman came running up to us and in Chinese offered us two tickets. We asked her how much in sign language and she shook her head nothing and ran off to watch the concert. We followed her into the concert area and there we enjoyed a lovely evening of jazz music. We are pretty sure we were the only "whites" there. It was a wonderful way to spend our last evening in China.
After the concert we enjoyed dinner at a small restaurant we found when we first visited Shanghai six weeks ago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



14th September 2014

An altogether fabulous adventure! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!! Have a safe trip home, we'll see you soon :-)
14th September 2014

Amazing!!
14th September 2014

Another one of your pictures of beautiful ceramics - love all of them!
19th September 2014

Thank you so much for all your kind comments.

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb