The Countdown Has Begun!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
March 13th 2015
Published: March 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The great WallThe great WallThe great Wall

Something to look forward to.
Well actually the countdown began on 250 days to go. Now we are down to 18 and hoping that everything is organised and in order. I am sure we are all feeling a bit nervous about our upcoming adventure, probably for a whole range of different reasons. It will be hard to leave my family for a month, but China is an adventure that I have dreamed of going on for a very long time.

I am pretty sure that everything that needed booking has been booked and everything that needed sorting has been sorted. It is not exactly a hard, back packing trip, but a trip more suitable to our comfort levels.

The overview of the trip is as follows.

1. April 1 - Yes April fool's day, we fly to Shanghai.

2. From Shanghai we fly to Yichang and board a cruise down the Yangtze river.

3. After a few days of sailing, we arrive in Chonqing where we then get the bullet train to Chengdu.

4. We spend a few days in and around Chengdu, hopefully being able to work with the giant pandas. There is a distemper outbreak so we may not be able to do this.

5. From Chengdu we fly to Gulin and spend a few days soaking up the beautiful scenery.

6. Guilin we fly to Xian for a couple of days.

7. From Xian we fly to Lhasa and spend 6 days on an escorted trip around Tibet.

8. From Tibet we catch a train for about 40 hours - hopefully to catch up on sleep and head to Beijing.

9. Beijing sees us camping on the great wall and seeing the sights of the city before we fly back home again.



It is an epic adventure. Not long now.

Advertisement



13th March 2015

Sue you are awesom
Thanks mate I'm so excited nervous and scared!!! Blessed to have this opportunity thank you
13th March 2015

Sue you are awesom
Thanks mate I'm so excited nervous and scared!!! Blessed to have this opportunity thank you
14th March 2015

Thanks shaz!
We are going to have an awesome time!

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb