The economic capital, Shanghai, a lot more than buildings !


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
February 25th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We didn't came there by the aiport, we took a train from Beijing to Shanghai. It was a night train, 12h, it was very long, because chinese always speak, and at loud...and the seats was almost in wood !

The metro cost 2yuans (0,24€), but if you have at least 4 stops, it's 4 yuans (0,50€). So, it's ok ! You can easily take the subway without problem.

Pudong is the economic quarter, a lot of high buildings, towers...and at the center, a park surrounded by buildings, with a little lake. It's very awesome to have a little green around all that modern quarter. It was, as usual, very clean.

There was a lot of decorations for the new year, on buildings, in the parks, in the roundabouts...

We finally arrived to the pearl tower, the symbol of Shanghai. But, we were totally outraged when we saw that you have to pay to come in, and that it was 60€ to go to the top...We just didn't do it...

You also can take the elevator of the highest building, for 10€, we didn't do it too, too expensive...But if you can, just do it !

We went to the old Shanghai, with the buildings in the old style, very beautiful, to see how it's colored and so much designs !

It's in the old Shanghai that you can make the best affairs ! A lot of 2yuans shops, with souvenirs, chop sticks...Very affordable !

More than anywhere else, it was very decorated for the new year, with a lot of snake's effigies (it was the snake's year).

There is the bund along the river, just in front of pudong on the other side. That's where the old european and americans building were. It's very amazing to see old european and american style buildings in a Chinese city like Shanghai. It's well preserved, very clean.

You can go to the french quarter, it's near the bund, but it's very expensive ! And the most are not true french restaurant...

The century park is a very huge park, with a lake in the middle. You have a lot of different places in this park, like bonzais garden, river alley, old temples...It's very enjoyable ! The entrance is 2 yuans if I remember well.

Like always and anywhere else in China, any temples, museums, and parks are paying...That's a bad point for me !

Shanghai is very different from Beijing. If you go to Beijing, try to go to Shanghai to see those differents, and enjoy another chinese lifestyle.

But, if you came to Shanghai, try to go to Beijing, for the same reasons !


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb