The great wall of China, just amazing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
February 22nd 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We went to the Great wall, like (I think) every one, from Beijing !

Don't be abused, and be careful about the buses. There are offical, unofficial, without stops, with 50 stops...

I can't remember well the price, but it was 12 yuans I think.

Try to ask the better you can, because drivers never speak english of course. But, there are agents in front of official buses.

The trip from Beijing is around 45mn, you can see the wonderful hills all around Beijing, and parts of the great wall, it's very pleasant.

Of course, at the bus stops, you have a lot of shops selling souvenirs, foods, drinks...

You have to cross its, to get to the old guards buildings, then you can begin to climb the great wall ! I'm sure you didn't think about it, but...it's very lean! A lot of people gets helped!

A lot of chinese asked us about a picture, they wanted to take a photo with us, family, couple, friends...a lot of people ! They were all very nice, and tried to speak a little english.

You are surrounded by the hills, moutains, it's very amazing.
We went there during the new year, in february, so it was a little covered by snow, it was like magic to see all that hills all around covered.

There is a part which was never finished in fact, so you have the way finishing into a wall ! It's very funny to see this, because everything else is just perfect! So, you just have to take a way next to, to reach the other part.

When you arrive at a certain point, the great wall is going to another direction. So, or you're ok, you're coming back, or you can continue for hours and hours ! Of course, we came back !

Once down, there is a bear park. A lot of little black bears very cute, playing together, and trying to reach us ! You can pay to throw them vegetables.



Any way, that's a place you can't miss ! Really incredible, just go !


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb