Pudding in Pudong


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 26th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Shanghai continues until tomorrow when we fly to Guilin in the south. Shanghai is an amazing city and very different from the other side of China we have seen. It's a weird mix of Old China, Old Colonial, New China and Global Super City. Quite confusing actually. Its been great though, this morning we went up the Jin Mao tower to see the whole city from the 88th floor which was superb. Our hotel is smack bang in the middle of town so its been easy to go and eat in the French Concession area, walk around the Bund on the river bank and soak up some serious neon lights on Nanjing Donglu.

We've met up with Sha and had amazing food (which included a Chicken's head which gave us all a bit of a shock when it popped up in the pot!) and some very cool iced puddings with views over the river. We also met up with Tara and had brunch in a very cool bar overlooking the city, did some haggling in the steaming hot madness of the markets and went to a party in the coolest bar in the middle of the park People's Square.

The most bizarre thing we've done here is go to the basement of a block of flats to see a crazy man with an original collection of Propoganda Posters from the 50s onwards. Despite having collected them for so long he found them hilarious all over again!

We've also had to say a sad goodbye to our tour group after having loads of fun on our whistle stop tour of this thoroughly exciting and interesting country. But its not over yet....greenery and rivers await us in Guilin. Excellent.

P.S. Have tried to upload some more photos but something is not working so they will follow with the next entry (hopefully!)...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb