Meeting Shanghai Law Students


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
October 15th 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

You never know who you will meet on on a metro and the following post will prove this.

So my friend Becca can speak Chinese really well and so gets great please out of making conversation with random people on the metro. One day we struck up conversation with a young woman about our own age sitting beside Becca. She and Becca chatted in Chinese and to me a little in English before we had to switch trains but they exchanged numbers. After we came back from national holiday then she invited us out to dinner with some of her friends from law school. They are all first year law school students who just moved to Shanghai around the time that we did so we are all fairly new to the city. I was so impressed by these girls. They all spoke English well and were sooo nice. We went out for a Chinese dinner which was fabulous and then they gave us a tour of their school and so on. We saw their dorm rooms and hing out with them for a little while. I am constantly amazed by the kindness of people who are practically strangers. These girls were so interesting and insightful. We had some of the best Chinese political conversations that I have ever heard with them. It was fascinating.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb