Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
December 6th 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, Caroline and I went to Shanghai. Kunshan is quite small and there’s never much to do, so, it seemed like the perfect remedy, and it was. We took the metro to Nanjing Road and had lunch and went shopping at a Bookstore and purchased some really interesting books. After that, we went to the French Concession in a particular pedestrian-only area called Xintiande. While there, we visited the wonderful French bakery that I went to the last time I was in Shanghai, Paul. The bread was a good as I remembered, so we purchased some extras and then headed for more shopping. After that, we went to Jintian Temple and found a very tight western shop called City Shop and then purchased some western products. After that we had dinner near the train station and too the train back to Kunshan.

It really was a pleasure seeing all of the western people. The French Concession and around City Shop, there was a surplus of us, almost 2 for every 1 Chinese person. Caroline was right when she said, “it’s interesting that we get upset when the Chinese watch us, because we’re foreign. Now we’re doing the same thing!” Where the Chinese look at us because we’re an oddity, seeing other westerners gives me a sense of relaxation and the reminder that there is a bigger world out there.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb