Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
October 24th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On day five we arrived in Shanghai where we then had a pretty crazy taxi ride to our hotel. The driver was literally in and out of the lanes over and undertaking people to go as fast as he could- it felt a little like a high speed chase in a film!! Arrived at our hotel in one piece though- it was on the corner of a really cool street with lots of neon signs and things.


The second hotel was also quite a lot nicer than I think a lot of us were expecting as we thought that they were going to deteriorate in standard as we went along! Walked to the bund and went up to the top of the world financial centre- the lift alone is quite an experience, you feel like you're going up in a spaceship or something! Everything is so futuristic there!


The next day we started with a 2.5 hour walking tour of Shanghai. We went through the old time which was really nice- more like the China towns you find in big cities! We also passed through an antique market. Next we went to visit the Jade Buddha which
World financial centreWorld financial centreWorld financial centre

It's pretty tall
was pretty impressive, then had a quick look around Shanghai museum- there's loads of Chinese arts and crafts.


In the evening we went to watch an acrobatics show- the kids were only young and the whole thing was a little bit amateurish but some of the stuff they were doing was amazing like jumping through hoops and flipping between ropes! Went for a classy drink in the French concession and then on to something which fell a little more into our price range..!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb