Mostly photos


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, I have taken some lovely pics at school this week and wanted to share them with you guys. So, our class assembly was brilliant yesterday and I am extremely proud of all of the students. The boys singing group was extra brilliant, and all the girls were swooning while all the younger boys were really looking up to them as they were so cool!

Today, we have been to the Urban Planning Museum which was just amazing. Huge models of Shanghai, but also huge amounts of school groups so it was manic! We then went to Xintiandi to the Museum of the First National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party. I know, it doesn't sound greatly exciting but the kids were focused. I had been with the family last weekend and written a worksheet which made sure that they didn't run around ignoring the facts and we learned alot. After this we went for a picnic in the park, but were shooed off the grass by the Park guard, then 2 Policemen on motorbikes turned up to make sure we didn't get too close to the edge of the small pond/lake! What on earth they thought a bunch of kids were going to do, we are not sure! I was exhausted when I got home, but not too exhausted to hear all about how Daddy's trip to Sophie's class International Day went. Parents were asked to go and tell a traditional story from your country, and Ian decided on 'The Gruffalo'! Apparently he was well received, even with a Welsh owl impression! Sophie came home full of Daddy's visit and her creation of 'Girl-Land'!

We have been out tonight for a fellow teacher's birthday and our ayi babysat for us, but we turned into pumpkins at 11pm, so we got home early. Sophie had watched High School Musical 2 and was in heaven, dreaming away, while William was in bed before we left, so success all round! Sadly, me and the kids are a bit under the weather with the startings of colds so we are hoping a week off school keeps them at bay.

Interestingly, the weather turned yesterday and it has suddenly become much cooler. To be honest, it is a welcome relief to be able to take a few steps and not be dripping in sweat!

Enjoy the photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb