Shanghi MTV


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
February 18th 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post


Shanghai with MTV
For the past three days we have been working with the MTV team from Japan to create something new for the Smirnoff team. We were split into two teams and were asked to make videos that showed us having the maximum amount of fun while being in Shanghai. My team consisted of myself, Thai Ben, Akona, John and Audette. Five vs. five. It’s not the first time the Smirnoff Ten have been split, however it is the first time we have been asked to compete against each other in a competition that was being televised for MTV Japan.

As we were asked to say our final goodbyes the remaining five felt this sense of closeness towards each other, knowing we needed to do everything and anything we could to outdo the other team. I think the team did really well, we brainstormed and came up with a lot of really good ideas and put them all on paper. We called ourself “Made in China”.

We came up with many good ideas and we decided to go with a dance off. It was to be a short under 10 min production with various characters like ninjas and pandas, all fighting each other to become grand champion. After realizing they simply couldn’t outdo each other, they combined forces to take out the grand master played by Thai Ben. It was a really good idea and it worked really well.

What amazed me the most is how efficiently a group can work under pressure. We had three days to complete this film and we needed to shoot all our shots, act, digitize, improvise, add music, edit and re-edit. Five people working together for a common goal proved to me that we could do anything we put our minds to, and most importantly provide good content.

All in all the film was a huge success, however we still didn’t take home the gold, as good as our video seemed to us the voters simply liked the other video more. They showed more of the city where as we acted in a movie with the city in the background…ahh well c’est la vie!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb