Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Putuo
April 5th 2010
Published: April 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I moved to another hostel in Shanghai which was a whopping great 40p dearer than the first place I stayed and it was fantastic. The building was spotless; the staff were so friendly and helpful and it also had a bar that served both eastern and western food and all sorts of snacks. The place had a yuppie vibe with long couches and deep leather couches forming a square I the centre, low lighting and great music.
We went into Shanghai bus station to organise tickets to Tunxi, a town that would be our base for climbing the mountain then spent the day wandering around the Bund seeing it from different angles, later on I wanted to get a view from one of the towers but most days the smog cloud destroys any decent chance of enjoying the view. We wandered around Nanjing St, Nanjing Street is massive, it has jeweller’s shops, department stores all manner of souvenirs and people trying to flog you all kinds of junk. At the weekends there are hundreds of people all huddled together like battery hens. We headed back and grabbed a bite to eat, after dinner I turned in around 11 the mountains were waiting.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb