Tunxi


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Anhui » Huangshan
April 6th 2010
Published: April 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I sorted accommodation in Tunxi, a town with an old shopping street which was only 1 hour from Tangkou, the bus station that accesses the mountains. The bus ride to Tunxi was interesting, lanes of traffic don’t exist here, only tiny spaces between vehicles where you edge out at all angles. If there is a gap it will be filled in seconds. The highway code doesn’t exist here in any form, there are red lights but anything other than that is dismissed, even when pedestrians cross when the green man is lit the car still has right of way so you basically just have to weave in and out of the traffic stopping in the middle of 6 lanes holding your breath for another gap. The other thing with drivers here, they love using the horn, they use it to tell other drivers they’re their, when they’re pissed off, when they change lanes basically every couple of feet the horn gets used. The hostel here was very basic but all we needed, we arranged bus tickets and paid a visit to the supermarket to stock up on supplies for the climb the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb