Our new home!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Pudong
August 8th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When we moved to China 2 years ago, people just couldn't understand why we were doing it. I think during this summer while meeting friends and family they have started to understand why we love it so much. And yes, it's official, I love living in China! So many of you will be feeling shocked at that statement, and believe me, it's far from perfect living here, but today has really highlighted to Ian and I why we are here.

After a rather long 2 flights from Manchester, we were met at Shanghai airport by 2 people from our new school who brought us to our hotel. We are staying here 2 nights as we can't have our removals come until tomorrow morning. To be honest, it has been lovely to chill out a bit today before the onslaught begins! This morning, we went to check into our new apartment and were so pleased. Coming from a 4 bedroom apt on 11th floor with underfloor heating which we absolutely adored, we were more than a little sceptical about what the school had chosen for us. But they have done an amazing job and our new 3 bed apt is on 20th floor in Yanlord Town, the compound we really wanted as it has so many facilities that we need never leave! We found several outdoor swimming pools, an indoor one, gym and much more. More to the point, our apt itself is very spacious and comfortable with great views across Shanghai. We will be returning tomorrow morning to take delivery of our 92 boxes (that's with no furniture!) and start the big unpack. We also have prospective ayi interviews in the afternoon and have promised to try out the great big swimming pool in the afternoon, think we will need it!

So, life is good. As a welcome in our new apt, we had a beautiful flower arrangement and big basket of fruit and other items to help us settle into our new home and we really do feel welcome.

We did have a fabulous time in England and it was a very sad to leave all our family and friends. It wasn't easy for any of us, as we had had so many great adventures. A few more pics on here from the second part of our trip for you all to enjoy.

Lots of love to you all and please remember Shanghai is a rocking place to be if you fancy a visit!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb