Golden


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shandong » Qingdao
August 23rd 2007
Published: August 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today I went to see the beer factory. I also went in search of tea. In the evening, I visited various street markets. My favorite street market seems to be open all day. There’s lots of food for sale there, and it smells really good. The night markets seem to have an overabundance of underwear. But there’s also plastic trinkets galore, and other miscellaneous stuff. There’s always bowls of sea creatures in water. I don’t know which is livelier—the spitting clams or the prawns crawling all over each other.
I also wondered on a very rocky beach where a lot of people were looking for shells. During my evening wandering, I found myself back near the beer factory, and there were all sorts of acts going on—mostly singing, but I also saw some fan dancing. There were also people in inflatable costumes of the mascots of the beer fest of different years.
Probably the funniest thing I saw today was this doofusy golden retriever who galloped up to a beggar’s money bowl and enthusiastically rutted around in it with its nose. The family walking the dog cracked up. I didn’t see the beggar’s reaction when it happened, but he didn’t miss a beat as I walked by soon after, holding the bowl out toward me as far as he could reach.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb