Losing friends in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
June 24th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I have to say yesterday was quite an eventful day, it wasn’t so good at first but got much better towards the end. We all woke up pretty excited as we were going to see the famous ‘Terracotta Warriors’!

After a delicious buffet breakfast, we found out Yashoda wasn’t coming to see the Terracotta Warriors with us and that we were going to be split into 2 groups (I was put with Bethany, Av, Autumn and Arlene) with one person taking the role as a leader (Bethany), trying to figure out how to get to the Terracotta Warriors. So we waited at a bus stop around the corner from the hotel in order to get one to the train station where we had to catch another bus that would take us straight there. There ended up being some confusion as most of us made it onto the bus, except Autumn… As soon as the doors closed I realized we had left her behind. Perfect. Now we were separated.



At the next bus stop Av and Bethany hopped off the bus so they could find their way back to the bus stop where Autumn was left, while Arlene
(who I felt very sorry for, she was sick) and I stayed on until we got to the train station. We were waiting at the train station for, we were hoping, all three of them to arrive together, but, an hour passed and they still hadn’t come. By this point I was starting to feel sick and Arlene was very worried too, so we walked around looking for other bus stops where they might have gotten off, but we didn’t have much luck. We then made the decision to just go to the Terracotta Warriors and hope that they are all there, instead of back-tracking, hoping to find them. Again, we didn’t have very good luck finding our way to the buses that would take us there, we were asking many people where bus 306 was and eventually found our way there, relieved though still extremely stressed for the other girls…I was very worried about Autumn being by herself, though she definitely has plenty of common sense and I knew she wouldn’t make any bad decisions, and even though Av and Bethany were together, I was thinking they could still very easily get lost… First of all because we’re in China and also, just because it’s Av and Bethany.



Anyway, after safely making it on to the bus and constantly thinking of the worst possible things that could happen to the other girls, we got a message from Yashoda saying she was with Av and Bethany and that Autumn was found by the other group at the bus stop, so she went with them to the Terracotta Warriors. This was music to my ears and I was very happy to hear that they were all safe and wouldn’t be homeless foreigners in China.



Seeing the Terracotta Warriors was something I’ll never forget. It was truly unbelievable and pretty overwhelming, because ‘they’ just made a Terracotta Army (each warrior with a different face), made huge pits and corridors to put them in, then just covered it all with dirt! Like… WHAT? I enjoyed it so much, though I was very relieved to see the girls after finding our way back, which was also a bit of a struggle. Such fun times!





Faith

Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 39; dbt: 0.1768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb