Shadow Puppet


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
May 16th 2007
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shadow Puppet

According to http://www.itourchina.com.cnShadow puppet is one of the most popular plays performed among people in China. With the aid of lamp light, the silhouettes of finely-cut leather figures are cast upon a screen. The figures manipulated by actors from behind the screen and accompanied with music and singing, give many vivid and interesting shadow performances.

http://www.itourchina.com.cn
The history of the shadow puppet can be traced back as early as the Han Dynasty according to the legend. Later, in the Tang Dynasty, shadow puppet had a further development and was flourished in the Song Dynasty. The Shaanxi shadow puppet may be divided into eastern and western schools. They vary not only in the accompanying music and skill of acting, but also in the superb skill of the artistic carving of the leather-figures.
The figures of Shaanxi shadow puppet are vividly shaped and elegantly carved, due to the particular way leather is made. The bright colors and beautiful features also make them very good decorations. Being simple and elegant, the leather figures of Shaanxi shadow puppet have a style of its own. They are not only good for shadow puppet, but also are regarded as interesting articles of art.
http://www.itourchina.com.cn

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb