Folk Paper-Cuts


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Xiahe
May 11th 2007
Published: May 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Paper-cutPaper-cutPaper-cut

Shann'xi Folk Paper-cut
Folk Paper-Cuts

Originating in the cradle of ancient Chinese culture, Shaanxi paper-cuts have a time-honored history and have been handed down from generation to generation among people. They seem to tell people vividly of the ancient stories of the Chinese nation which are always touching.
The subject matters of Shaanxi paper-cuts vary greatly. They can be human figures, birds and animals, flowers and plants, fish and insects. The various appearances of Shaanxi paper-cuts are imposing ways to express us the life style and wisdom of Chinese people.
Just as www.itourchina.com.cnsaid: Often used as patterns for embroidery and serve as window decoration, paper-cuts play an irreplaceable role in Shaanxi populace’s daily life. When the Spring Festival comes, the windows of the grey houses on the Central Shaanxi Plain and the cave houses on the Northern Shaanxi Plateau are decorated with paper-cuts. With bright red paper-cuts of all kinds on snow-white window paper, the atmosphere appears much more festive. At the same time, the paper-cuts contain people’s good wishes.
Shaanxi Paper-cuts are considered to be bold and unconstrained, brief and exaggerated works of art. Different parts of the province have different styles. The Northern Shaanxi paper-cuts look comparatively simples, vigorous and generous while the Central Shaanxi Plain’s paper-cuts are of simplicity mingled with exquisiteness, and have a boldness mingled with beauty.
www.itourchina.com.cn


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb