The Incredible Army


Advertisement
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
March 26th 2018
Published: July 30th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We arrive early morning in Xi'an after having travelled from Shanghai on an overnight sleeper train. Once we find our hotel to check-in and freshen up, our tour guide takes us for a walk into the the centre of Xi'an via a stop-off for a quick breakfast and coffee. Xi'an is a very large city in China and famous for it's Terracotta Warriors as well as its ancient city wall. As we get close to the c... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




31st July 2021
Sunset over Xi'an

Xian
The ancient capital of China is a must on any trip to China. To think all the hills surrounding it are tombs and probably less than a handful have been excavated to any extent...yet what there is on show is staggering. This pic reminds me of my first trip to Xian where the pollution was so bad they were talking of abandoning and relocating the city. Glad you had time to have a taste of its myriad of offerings, Alan.
31st July 2021

Xi'an
Did you visit the tomb of the first emperor? That's crazy they were thinking of moving the city. I hadn't realized how bad the pollution was until at this point of taking the photo.
31st July 2021
Terracotta Warriors

Nice photo
An iconic shot well captured.
31st July 2021
Terracotta Warriors

Camera
Thank you! Seems buying a new camera has paid off ?
5th September 2021

Xi'an
Great to catch up again on your China blogs Alan ? A great read as always ? Wow, I had no idea that there was a Muslim population in Xi'an, and also a Chinese-style mosque - very interesting! I think you certainly did the right thing in trusting your instincts and turning back when you did, well done. Lovely to hear of the child with special needs taking a liking to you, and the picture she drew for you. I think I would also have been tempted to buy a life-size model of a terracotta warrior!! ?
13th September 2021

Xi'an
Thanks Alex :) I am really glad I followed my gut instinct too, usually I don't and end up regretting it. The Chinese food was probably the most tastiest that I tried in the Muslim Quarter purely because of the different spices they used there. I recently found a shop selling official Terracotta Warriors in Cornwall, although not real-life size ones, but much bigger than the one I purchased in China. I can share the details if you're interested and ever down that way.
5th September 2021
Playing games with the children

Lovely photo
Lovely photo Alan ?
13th September 2021
Playing games with the children

Photo
Thanks :)
19th September 2021

Xi-an
Thanks Alan. Please do share the details, it would be interesting to look into :)

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb