Lessons commence....and the sheep stomach


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Liaoning » Dalian
July 17th 2012
Published: July 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tai ChiTai ChiTai Chi

Attempting some ridiculous move!
Today we had our first lessons in Madarin Chinese, the least said about that the better, and Chinese Papercutting. The papercutter teacher spoke no English so was down to Jack to translate!! He was ridiculously skilled and told us how he used papercutting as a living and got his wife by making her some paper animals. The art form is still revered in small villages, how other cultures live! My attempts would do well not to scare off a potential mate but will upload some pictures when I get the opportunity!!

We spent the afternoon trying to sort out the internet but to no avail as the central system crashed....so had to settle for sticking my phone out the window and using some dodgy WiFi. We did some Chinese Shadow Boxing, more commonly known as Tai Chi, which was un-suprisingly difficult for a lumbering prop like me!

We went to dinner still sweaty and dirty, something which we are all used to being 24/7 no matter how much you shower!! However this restaurant was not as good and since we knew very little chinese and them no english we ended up ordering food none of which turned out to
Tai ChiTai ChiTai Chi

Briony cant jump so me and matt helped her out..
be what we thought it was! The worse was a bowl full of what turned out to be sheeps stomach, it didn't agree with me on the way in and even less on the way out.....

On the way back we took a walk through the market where there were loads of stalls cooking meat on a stick, but after our very recent experience we stayed clear for now! The night ended in some more frivolities and more consumtion of beer this time on the decking out the back of the accomadation which was very enjoyable.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Tai ChiTai Chi
Tai Chi

Andy attempting the same move...


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb