Spaing is great!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Liaoning » Dalian
November 14th 2008
Published: November 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Land of cornLand of cornLand of corn

As we travelled to our spa , we passed 100's of houses, fields and areas with all styles of containers storing corn for the winter.
What better activity for a weekend after a week of teaching, standing and talking and directing and shouting ( drama ) than to travel to a spa.

So at 8:00am on Saturday we set off in our 16 seat bus to travel to our spa as well as to hike and go boating on this river in a lovely scenic series of valleys a few hours north east of Dalian.

There were only 11 of us. We arrived at our spa hotel and after checking into our rooms ( took 2 minutes) we headed straight to the pools and hot tubs. The sun was shining but it was still cool. After soaking in the indoor hot tubs, we ventured out into a series of pools, all heated.Huge kidney or liver shaped pools, with jets of near boiling water pouring out as we lounged around or swam around.

Then we found the smaller pool where the little fish swim around and attack you. These little critters come in swarms as soon as we stood or sat still for a few seconds. They nibble at the dead skin- around the toes, feet, knee caps, etc. Just have to make sure
Reverse fishingReverse fishingReverse fishing

At the spa, in the pool with the 1000's of little fish, I just sat and allowed the fish to nibble away. the wee fish tickle as they gobble up dead skin. Interesting sensation!
that a group of the wee fish don't swim up your bathing suit. It is a weird sensation as they tickle the feet. There were 1000's of these fish. A few of us stayed in the water for 30 or 40 minutes.

After that we went walking around the lake with all it huge fake trees with their fake leaves sewn on or glued on. It is very interesting how there can be areas of terrifically beautiful scenery and then you come across fake trees and all these fake benches, fake rock and fake little mountains.

In the evening after dinner, we lounged around in the hot outdoor pool. So Lazy and relaxing.

But the beds for sleeping were narrow and hard. I got to sleep, it seemed, as the light was coming in the window around 5 am or so.

On Sunday we bussed to a river resort where we were ferried down the river on several boats. Gorgeous scenery. We sang as we floated along leisurely for an hour or so. Then we hiked along the river for an another hour or two.

A terrific weekend. Spaing, boating and hiking!

( This
More fishMore fishMore fish

The fish approached me as soon as I settled down and stopped moving. Feels like been nibbled at my 100's of fish.
is one of the 3 spas that I have been to around the north east of China so far!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Water babiesWater babies
Water babies

Peter and I doing a little water ballet to the delight of some of the Chinese bathers. Lovely day but cool. The water was hot.
Fake treesFake trees
Fake trees

In so many tourist areas, we found lots of different fake examples of nature. This is a fake tree by the entrance of the spa.
the marketthe market
the market

When we were buying some fruit, the sellers used these lovely old scales to weight the items.
Night at the spa.Night at the spa.
Night at the spa.

Saturday night we sat, floated and chit-chatted in the very warm waters of the pool, a huge pool. So relaxing!
The scenic riverThe scenic river
The scenic river

We took a series of boats and launches to travel down this river. Beautiful sights with many rock structures having lovely names.
BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

Not your coffee and croissant breakfast. This was one of the better Chinese breakfasts that I have had. Lots of fruit and buns. We brought our own coffee.
Apple landApple land
Apple land

At the apple orchard the owner gave us the biggest apples we had ever seen. So red and round and heavy!
Reclining figureReclining figure
Reclining figure

Luke and I scaled this statue that was resting at the end of our hike. All around were fake trees, swings, teeter tooters, fake aminals.
More cornMore corn
More corn

I have never seen so much corn- stored on roof tops, in bins, etc.
Wrapped  fruit.Wrapped  fruit.
Wrapped fruit.

In the apple orchard complexe, there were growing fruit ( cross between apples and pears) . These were wrapped, I believe, to protect them from the sun. A lot of meticulous work!
fkae  or is it fake?fkae  or is it fake?
fkae or is it fake?

Fake tree and leaves in a massive walking area through tunnels and water ways. Such a contrast to the marvellous scenery all around.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb