Changbai Mountain


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jilin » Changbai Shan
January 28th 2008
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Changbai mountain, from Jilin province, border between China and North Korea, famous by the Ginseng and Celestial Lake.
This time we went to the northeast of China, one of the main goals was to see the snowing, but by destiny irony, there was no snowing and the south of China, where we were living, had the worst snowstorm in the last 50 years, and when I was in the train from Harbin to Changbai mountain, I just heard the people saying: the south people have no experience to deal with the snowstorm, and we are sending the rescue there.
The Changbai mountain is a volcanic mountain at 2744 meters, so there are some hot springs, very pleasant for the cold days of the winter. There is a Celestial Lake, or Heaven Lake, created by eruption of tenth century, although the surface of lake was frozen, there is a canal under the lake feeding the waterfall. The path to the top to see the lake you can take some transportation, but the path to the waterfall only by walking, at least in the winter time.
There has a Chaoxian ethnicity, or Korean nationality, and in the culture of this people is very common to eat the dog meat, in the fact the Korean nationality has the habit to eat the dog meat, but was Chinese who really took the reputation, and there was the place I saw the some many restaurants offering the dog meat, there more than 10 in the 300 meters of distance, but I didn't have the dog meat this, I just tried some pasta, and I already tasted the dog meat in the Korean restaurant at Nantong city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb