China 2013 - Jingdezhen here I come again!


Advertisement
Asia » China » Jiangxi » Jingdezhen
June 13th 2013
Published: June 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Summer 2013. Nearly eleven weeks in China. A week visiting friends in Shenzhen/Guangzhou and then working in a Jingdezhen studio.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

ShenzhenShenzhen
Shenzhen

Got up and had Dim Sum breakfast with Andy at a nearby restaurant. Delicious!!! Had to have Dim Sum in the home of Dim Sum! We tried five different items including two different dumplings. Andy told me about how this is his families tradition on Sundays to eat Dim Sum together. He then took me to the train station where I bought a ticket to return to Shenzhen. I then took the metro out to the airport. Twenty-nine stops later I arrive. It could not be too soon as there was a couple sitting next to me who watched a video the whole way and another guy that had loud conversation telephones continuously until the second to last stop. It makes you long for peace and quiet. Checked in at the airport an hour and a half before scheduled departure and soon found the flight delayed. Then twice. Both times due to air traffic control issues. The two-hour flight by this time got me into Jingdezhen at 9:00 instead of the anticipated 7:00. Took a 60 rmb taxi ride to the youth hostel and checked in. Glad to be back in my summer home but had a great time visiting new cities and catching up with China friends.
ShenzhenShenzhen
Shenzhen

Hong Kong from the air plane on the way to Jingdezhen.



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb