Nantong China, My first experiences.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu
May 5th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrived in Shanghai's Pudong International Airport. The airport waas very big and everyone was excited to finally arrive in China. We got our luggage and exchanged $50 american into the Chinese RMB. Once we all had our luggage we proceeded through and passed through security. Of course out of the whole group I was selected randomly to have my bags x-rayed. "x-ray" how ironic.. Anyways I had nothing that would get me introuble so we went outside the airport where we were ment by Angela who was School Faculty at Nantong University, my soon to be home. She was very friendly and had a bubble personality. She spoke very good English so it was easy to communicate with her. We got onto this huge blue school bus which was suprisingly very nice. We were handed waters and were told that we had a 3 hour + bus ride because there was this newly built bridge that we thought we were going to take but it wasn't not open yet. Almost everyone fell asleep since we were exhausted from all the traveling we did and we woke up arriving in Nantong. It was very dark but the school looked very nice. We unloaded our baggage and had to give our passports to Angela. We were greeted by the Program Director and an American professor who was actually a WSU graduate. It was about 3:00 am when we arrived so we got our room keys and went to the 5th floor. Our whole group was located on the 5th floor and the professors were located on the 10th. My roomate David and I opened the door to room 505 and was suprised by how much space we had. There were two big beds and a t.v, shower and bathroom. Unfortunately the bathroom wasn't westernized and was just a big hole in the ground essentially - gross! We unpacked a few of our things and went to bed on what looked like a very comfy twin but in reality was a rock hard mattress that felt like we were sleeping on the ground. We woke up around 7:30 for class and met in the lobby where Angela took us to our classroom.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb