I've landed


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Wuxi
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a a flight from Gatwick, London to Dubai, then on to Shanghai after a 7 hour crossover wait, LAuren and I were picked up by Olina and her dad at Pudong Airport.

We were driven by her dad's diver from Shanghai to Jiangyin, Wuxi her city. The journey should have been 2 hours, but traffic made it four. And were were knackered.

Straight away we sat down to a meal in a restauran with the parents and driver, to a pick and mix chopstick buffet of: fish, shrimp/prawn, sweet cure goose legs, jellyfish, various veg, beef, noodles and probably some other things too, with watermelon to finish. This feast was topped today when we had a similar variety at lunch with the boss of where Olina's parents work.

We've had a quick taste of the Wuxi shopping centre and some of the smaller shops in the city centre. I am enjoying the prices.

Now we need to plan what we're doing and where we're doing it, or else we'll just fritter our time away. First though, we need to catch up on some serious jet-lag sleep.

Toodles.
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb