Tuesday November 20


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou » Xinhua
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up around 5:20am and while we waited we were disgusted by the people spitting and making gross sounds...it's really different from Ottawa that's for sure. We were also amused by a guy who had a laugh like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead...we couldn't help but laugh!

We arrived at 7:30am and were greeted by two guys from the school who then brought us to breakfast...I didn't each much again because I'm not used to "lunch/dinner" food in the morning.

The ride to our apartment was long and boring. The area isn't what we expected it to look like at all. We were actually a little disappointed in it to be quite honest...along with our apartment which is quite dirty. We did cry a bit because its scary to be somewhere where you don't really have anyone and your expectations are not met. But at 3pm we're going over to see the school and talk to them about some of the stuff they can do/that they promised to make things a bit better here.

Our computer is in Chinese right now, so I'm not sure how to download MSN but hopefully we'll get the language switched over to English later this afternoon.

We miss everyone so much!<3

EDIT: I've got MSN up and running...it's just the time difference that sucks. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to all of you soon.

We went shopping last night for some house stuff that we needed and some food. The "supermarket" is huge...it was everything you need and then some (groceries, house products, electronics, clothes, even those moped things...and everything is a pretty good price as well.

We came home to finally shower, and the hot water didn't work...we finally got it to work but we were too tired to take showers so we passed out on our hard, crap ass bed. Hopefully we can bring over an actual mattress from the apartment that was going to be mine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb