Week 3 Travel


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Suzhou
May 28th 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We traveled to Suzhou today. It was about an one hour and a half trip by bus. We had a tour guide with us and we visited a very beautiful park. We stayed one night at a nice hotel and walked down to the corner store and bought a bunch of beer. Its hella hard to find hard a in china. All they have is this rice wine stuff and it tastes like crap. The next day we traveled to another city called Hangzhou. We went on a boat ride on the west lake and saw the view that is printed on their 1 dollar bill. We visited another park/garden and had drinks at the hotel. The Next day we traveled to this mountain called yellow mountain. WE took a gondola lift up this mountain and then we had to hike about 20-30 minutes to get to our hotel. The air was actually crisp here and we saw blue sky that wasn't hidden by smog.. amazing. We kicked it most of the day and then some people went on a hike to go see some sites. I took a nap and woke up for dinner. We ate dinner then of course we started boozing again. They had these down jackets so we put them on and went and hiked up the mountain. It was fun and we snapped a few pics. When we left the next morning from the hotel it looked like someone tried to take one of the jackets. There was a big ordeal but the one that was missing was this girl emily's. She didnt take and everyone else said they didnt so we just dumped our bags out on the floor and showed them that we didnt have their coat. They didn't ask us to but we just didn't anyways. Our tour guide was dealing with them and we refused to pay for it and told them to look then to give us a call with new info. They called us later and said they found it in a bathroom. Anyways we travled back to Hangzhou then went to Shanghai. Shanghai was a lot of fun. We went out almost every night and we went to this knock off mall and bought a lot of fake shit. You would barter with them the whole time and then just leave if they didn't accept the price you wanted to pay. They would usually chase you down and then say ok. It was quite an experience. Shanghai was my favorite and I wanna go back there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb