The day is finally here ....


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
September 3rd 2017
Published: September 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Finally today is the day we have done all the work for has arrived. It really doesn't matter how often you prepare for it , how much your tremendously hard working coach expains it to you, there is really nothing like the first day of compeition at this level. And while Liv kept herself really composed and did a great job today, I am sure she would say of given an opportunitty into the future , she will be so much better prepared. Things were a little hit and miss early this morning, but once we got on the bus , everything started to calm down and everything worked pretty well from there. Having to skate twice with a couple of hour break presents its own challenges, especially when the buses are a debacle, and generally walking in the rain is the best option (yes I said best). To be sitting 16th in your first year of 27 is better than I might have hoped and a credit to the work the little menace has done between nationals and now. Most pleased and will no doubt have to pay out on all the bets I have lost with her once she finishes skating. Thanks to candace for her assistance in the last few days, have appreciated the little things.

After competition we stayed at watch some show which was really interest and fairly entertaining. Both the quality teams from the big nationas, but also some of the smaller nations who had a whole lot of fun with their programs and certainly entertained the audience. While they might have had the same level of skating skill, they certainly had fun and entertainment in droves. We were home at a reasonable time tonight which was great, unlike Rory and Charlie who both had late night training, who along with Nigel I am sure will enjoy a sleep in tomorrow.

On a slightly negative note, it was really disappointing today that there was no live streaming for the Solo events, to get less of a servce for the people at home who want to watch the ebvent than we would get at world championships, is really disappointing for the first WRG, I really hope they rectify this, they have the means and the equipment etc to show as many "channels' as they like, and it is really very poor that this is unavailable.

Overall a great day today and I can't wait until Freedance training tomorrow and then watching the seniors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb