TIt's time to go


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
August 28th 2017
Published: August 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Finally it is time to go!! After a hectic 6 weeks of training, it is finally time to go to China. It feels a little surreal, but happy to be leaving, just need to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.

Training has been surprisingly calm and beneficial, and we have achieved a lot in a short amount of time. Credit goes to the snoopsta for being focused and relaxed , and dedicating herself on multiple training days , many without me working hard on the important things. Might be a false sense of security, but I am feeling quite relaxed and ready for this next adventure.

Have been watching everyone arrive in China and listening to all the reports. Most things in China seem to be going quite well, some issue with the Inline venue that have been rectified as of today, and some people have run into some translation issues, and getting around might take a little longer than was planned (not a big concern for the Artistic team as we can walk to the venue). Most years have made an attempt at learning some basic language before heading to south amrica/Italy, Spain, but have made no effort this year, so either google translate, or lots of bad miming will have to be involved in getting our point accross 😊 .

Am leaving home with 2 cars here to sell, arrangements for possible relocation well and truly still up in the air, and multiple job prospects needing to be organised either while I am away or as soon as I get back (inline Hockey nationals live stream being high on the list). Results not coming very clearly it seems, some events are being posted, other dont seem to be available anywhere. Am hoping this improves as the event rolls on. I have decided to create a podcast during the time of the championhsip, which you can find by searching for "inside the axel" on the podcast section of the itunes store. The first couple are a little boring , however I will have some people to talk to from tomorrow so it should becom a lot more interesting.

The general plan for this week, is training for most skaters for the next few days, and then figure skaters start Thursday, and Inline on Friday, Opening Ceremony Saturday, Junior Dance and Free Sunday, and Senior Dance on Monday, Long and Freedance Tuesday, and Senior Freedance Wednesday, and then Quartet on the final weekend. Hopefully there will be some time for sightseeing inbetween.

The China Southern experience is sure to be interesting, I had to call them today to get a Vegetarian meal for the Snoopsta, becuase it didn't seem possible on the online checkin process, will see how it goes. Looking forward to the 30 degrees even if there is some Humididty to go with it.

Next update will be from China.... Looking forward to it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb