International Day At Nanjing International Day.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
March 17th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.05, 118.78


Once a Year at the school they have "International Day"
On this day everyone comes together to show something about your Country.
This year there where so many Australians... last year there where 3 Families.
This year there where more than 10.
We chose to do "Mem Fox - Possum Magic"
So we made Vegemite sandwiches and Anzac Cookies.
We had a mintie ripping competition that was a huge hit and you could make a leaf to put on out tree which had all of our Aussie stuffed animals hanging on it. We also printing out two pages from the book as back drops.


After months and weeks of planning and organizing we had a fantastic day. We also did a performance on the stage... Jalen one of the Aussie boys put together a karaoke mix of Wiggles, AC/DC, still call Australia home, Men at Work and the Aussie Anthem.
We had lots of fun head banging, flying the flag and doing Rock-a-bye-a-bear.
Great day
.
The Americans had a life size cut out of Obamha and you had to vote.
We had to choose from- Crunchy peanut paste, Smooth peanut paste or just jelly(jam).
Everyone I spoke to said that they voted Crunchy just like me....
The final count came in and the winner was...... JELLY?
No way!!! I'm sure it was rigged...



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb