chinese kun opera and today


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
August 13th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

yesterday evening i was to the chinese kun opera. it was really great. actually one of the actors seemed to be quite a star of chinese opera and it was a kind of gala evening for her. so we saw parts of three operas (usally a chinese opera could last for 12 or even 24 hours, so that was convenient). before it started you could watch the actors getting prepared and during the performance we had places in the first row and they served us green tea. nice, nice, nice... unfortunately you can't hear the music, i really liked it, though the actresses are quite shrill. still i want to show you some photos.
today i walked up to purple mountain (it's more a hill). it was damn hot and unbearable humid. the climate reminded me very much of the tropics house in schoenbrunn back in vienna. the first part i followed a path that hadn't been used for quite some time so it was full of plants. some small flies tried to eat me and they nearly succeeded but when i took out my fan they drew back disappointed. up there i arrived at a street and of course a lot of people were running around. however on my way back down i found this nice sun yatsun's mausoleum.
in the evening my aunt and uncle were so nice to help me buying a new camera for my mother since somebody stole hers from me. i didn't tell you. that happened before i went to huang shan. not really interesting: i just went somewhere and when i went to somewhere else it was gone, i didn't even realize it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th August 2006

salut
great reports!! hope u keep on writing till the end of your journey!
18th August 2006

Impressing Pictures
Thanks Florian for the nice report! The pictures of the opera are very impressing! I have tried sometimes to follow such an performance but it is quite difficult and so different what I know about an opera. I hope you were more successful. All the best for your further trip!
21st August 2006

before it started
i got a summary for all three parts before the opera started. so i knew a little what it was about and i was surprised how similar to our operas the topics were. two were really tragic and the third one was somehow comical, but of course all were about love. thanks peter.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb