calm days in nanjing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
August 8th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i used these last two days for exploring nanjing a little bit. it's quite a nice city with a lot of green areas. i saw some parts of the city walls which are pretty nice to walk along. of course i had to see another temple. there were a lot of praying people. i saw a stair full of chinese women. they were eating, talking and folding coloured papers. no clue what that had to mean but it was fun looking at them. they start looking back and and we would grin at each other. then a young cook started talking to me. "where are you from?" he asked. once more the misunderstanding of taking austria for australia followed. i found out that this misunderstanding can be solved easiest by saying something like "no! austria, vienna, music" and maybe pretending to play some instrument. then they all know.
in the afternoon today i had another nice conversation when walking through the park. a guy asked if i wanted to go up onto some pagoda. i didn't. then he started talking to me in chinese. i tried to make clear that i don't understand chinese. that didn't really impress him. he kept on telling me things. so started to tell him things in german. we pretty much agreed on everything. i think we concluded that austria and china are both great countries though they are quite far away from each other. would be interesting to know what the conversation was about from his point of view.
before noon today i went to a massage with my aunt. it was just great, very relaxing. they did some on my shoulders and also my feet. the feet really feserved some treatement like this after all this running around the last days.
this evening i'm going to huan shan (yellow mountain). that's going to be fun. i just have a ticket to get there. i hope the weather is fine in the night so that i can sleep just outside. but since i've heard that it's more beautiful there when it's rainning i hope this will also be the case sometimes. however, probably i'm back on saturday and maybe then i'll have time to write again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th August 2006

: D
*laughing* I keep on trying...
17th August 2006

Keep on writing...
Hallo Bruderherz!Bin gerade in der Arbeit, drum schreib ich deutsch, da brauch ich nicht so lang... Lese gespannt deine China-Episoden und wünschte bei mir wärs auch so aufregend..... naja Wien is ja schon was... : ( Also, schreib brav weiter! Freu mich schon auf neue Geschichten!

Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 67; dbt: 0.2088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb