Huangdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All
So lesson learnt from our trip to Dehang, I bought the tickets in advance and therefore knew what time the bus left.
The journey to Tongdao was long and uncomfortable. It's only around 250 kms from Shaoyang to Tongdao but the roads are so bad that the journey took 7 and a half hours. The closer we got to Tongdao the worse the roads got in fact in parts they were just shale. We found the bus to Huangdu without any problems and we also found somewhere to stay again without a hitch. There is a beautiful wind and rain bridge in Huangdu and it's the first thing that you see when you enter the village. Lonely Planet describes it as "overvisited", which means by the Chinese not foreigners. The locals were very pleased to see us and the whisper of Laowei in the village must of got round because people were coming out of their houses to see us.
Dany was very tired from the trip so I had a look around the village in the afternoon and then in the evening we had a delicious meal in what must be the only restaurant in the village and then it was early to bed ready for our first day of trekking.

Enjoy the photos and Jah bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



20th May 2011
16

haha ..I'm envy your wife's white skin ,because I'm so black~~~

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb