Hello Shaoyang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » Shaoyang
January 18th 2011
Published: January 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

I'm going to try again. I did a blog yesterday and it all crashed and I lost it all.

Anyway we've made and we're all settled in.

The journey was a bit of a nightmare. We had too much luggage. Thanks to the guys at the train station who helped with all our luggage, I'm sure we'd have missed the train if it wasn't for them! Also thanks to the couple in our compartment who had to put up with 3 tonnes of luggage and a cat!!

So we got to Changsha to be met by Tom in a car. We all managed to squeeze into the car with all the luggage and Perry had to go on Tom's knee.

Everyone here has been welcoming, friendly and helpful. Now after the dust has settled it feels like home.

Shaoyang is very different to Zhengzhou. The city is a lot smaller and a lot poorer too. I think we may find it difficult to find those western luxuries that we've become accustom to. We have the university canteen just around the corner from our flat so we've been eating local since we've got here. It is cheap only 5 RMB, 50p or 80 euro cents for us both!

This morning when we got up it had snowed. It's really, really cold here at the minute so it's heating on and wrap up warm.

Enjoy the photos Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



22nd March 2011

aha.
i am zero.nice to meet you. one of your student and from qiliping. so welcome to china. have a good time in hunan.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb