Just Out Cruisin'


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Yichang
January 21st 2016
Published: February 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
I've been looking forward to this for so long. We caught the ship in Yichang. We sailed with the Century Cruise company. It cost 2500 rmb for 4 nights, 950 rmb more expensive than a Chinese national for some reason. The price included a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 excursions to the Three Gorges Dam, A boat excursion down a smaller gorge and a guided tour of the ShiBaoZhai pagoda. There was also entertainment in the evening and the ship only sailed through the gorges in the daytime.
With it being winter the ship wasn't full which gave it a lovely relaxing atmosphere. I was a little sad when we got to Chongqing because I had really enjoyed just lying back and watching the Yangtze go by from our balcony or just lying on the bed looking out of the patio doors.
The gorges themselves were very beautiful but the 100 metre rise in the river makes a difference and some of the new villages we visited seemed a little soulless and half empty. Our guide told us that half of the new town was empty in ShiBaoZhai, but progress waits for no man I suppose.
All in all a great experience at a laid back pace and the crew on the ship were all extremely helpful and friendly with most of them speaking English.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb